Group transition housing
The MultiMax Group Calf Raising System helps calves transition from individual systems to a manageable group environment.
When calves raised individually are placed in large groups, the stress from competition and social pressure can lead to setbacks in growth and health. Placing 4 to 6 similarly sized weaned calves in a MultiMax is the best way to ease the transition. Continued growth and health will be attained as animals bond into a social group.
View MultiMax Video | View MultiMax Images
- Constructed of high molecular weight polyethylene that will not breakdown and deteriorate.
- Large entryway, for maximum ventilation.
- Extra hutch height – allow animals to stay in the unit longer.
- Treated lumber base, provides a stable and secure foundation.
- Ridge top ventilation for improved air circulation.
Four common ways the MultiMax is used:
- Prepared Site: Place the MultiMax on a well-drained surface (gravel, crushed stone or sand). This will keep calves dry and healthy. Outside pen required.
- Rotating Site: Place one MultiMax in a small pasture and move the unit and its pen periodically.
- Large Common Pasture: Place multiple MultiMax’s in a large pasture with bigger groups. Position the units near each other, as the herd will not separate to housing in different locations.
- Group/Robotic Feeding: When group feeding methods are being employed, the MultiMax provides an ideal group housing solution.
|Outside||86.5" L x 107.5" W x 72" H||220cm x 273cm x 183cm|
|Inside Useable Calf Space||82" L x 102" W x 71" H||208cm x 259cm x 180cm|
|Hutch Weight||235 lbs.||107 kg.|